Hello to anyone out there reading this. My name is Taelor Barnes and I am a 16 year old. I have an older sister and a dog that has grew up with me since my parents first got her when I was 6. Academically, I am in the eleventh grade at Fort Lauderdale high school. Since ninth grade I have been waiting to take this class; it is one of the most intriguing courses I've heard about and discussed with my guidance counselor. Many of my friends have taken it in prior to the 2020/2021 school year and they have only had good things to say about it. In my previous high school years, I haven't had the chance to take this class due to my hectic schedule. I am taking this class because I have always been interested in film and media. Ever since I could understand and interpret movies, I have been obsessed with knowing everything about them. Even with professional photography alteration, I think I may just be a tiny bit more analytical than the average person. I hyper fixate on many diffe...
During this time around, editing was a fairly easy process. It was also the most enjoyable part of the project. Seeing what I had envisioned for the editing come to life was fulfilling and it made editing really fun for me. Since I filmed in order of the layout of the video, I didn't have to do much placement with the clips. Also, I had already known what conventions I would be using, I just had to navigate through the editing software to find what I needed. One convention being differing filters. Throughout the entire video I used a vintage film. Many of the indie/alternative music videos I've seen had a dark cast to them that fit the lyrics of the song. This is what I wanted to do as well. I also started the video off with a black and white filter to allude to the somewhat sad lyrics of the song. After, I went back to a colored filter that was slightly blue/gray tint to it. As the song becomes more lighthearted, I added more color and towards the end I went with a varied col...
Editing is not my absolute favorite part of filmmaking as of now. I only say this because I'm not very good at it yet and that bothers me. When I watch movies made by famous filmmakers I'm always quick to appreciate its editing. But, after editing a project myself, I understand how hard editing can be. However, editing my Kiss eyelashes commercial was admittedly, not as hard as I first thought it would be. When I get to do more projects like this, I think I'll learn to love it. The only difficultly I encountered was finding the perfect music that would match the theme of my commercial as well as getting the duration of the film right. I had trouble finding the right music because I just felt like any song I'd pick would be insufficient. I looked up songs of all decades. From Aretha Franklin's "Baby Baby Baby" to Beyonce's "Independent Woman." While there were many songs that I were eager to use, none of them felt right to put into a commercia...
Comments
Post a Comment